These print articles — an interview series I proposed and developed for a quarterly magazine at a previous job — were very popular with my co-workers. The idea was to highlight employees with unique hobbies or side hustles. (Click the thumbnails to read the articles)
I was approached by the editor of NW Jobs (the career section of The Seattle Times) about doing a couple of freelance articles to appear in the Sunday edition. These articles appeared both in print and online. (Click the thumbnails to read the articles.)
These samples come from a variety of sources, but most of them are travel-related. Travel writing is how I got my start!
- Family Fun in Braselton (Vacations2Discover)
- A Dog’s Guide to Braselton (Vacations2Discover)
- Big Day, Small Town: Spring Weddings in Braselton (Vacations2Discover)
- Viva Venezia (US Army magazine)
- Vacations for Families in Seattle (USA Today)
- The caves hidden beneath Valkenberg (Geotimes)
- Italian town perfect for pottery shopping (Stars & Stripes)
- Girard Ridge Lookout (Recreation.gov)
- House & Garden Pilgrimage Comes to Calvert County (Your Calvert)
- Creativity Thrives at Annemarie Garden & Arts Center (Your Calvert)
These are projects I completed for my master’s program, which allowed me to work on design as well as copy. (Graphics were created using Canva.)
The sample landing page and spec ads below were part of the my portfolio work for the design course in my master’s program. We had to choose a real company to rebrand, so I chose WW (more commonly known as Weight Watchers).